Friday, August 6, 2010

<data:blog.title/>
Just posted a clip on youtube from me and Sir Lazenby's performance at Asociacion Hogar Niños por un Nuevo Planeta, a home for sexually abused children in Bogota, Colombia. Most meaningful show I've ever done.... Ive always had a passion for children, so doing this for them was really like a dream come true for me. To these kids, I was a superstar, a rich celebrity, a rapper from the United States with expensive sunglasses, literally the sickest Nikes they had ever seen, and a blackberry phone hahaha. They didn't speak a lick of english, but they danced to every track and mimicked my hooks the best they could so they could sing along. After my set, Me and Lazenby signed autographs for the kids on torn up notebook paper with pencils and crayons. You could tell it just made their world. One of the kids asked me to show him what kind of phone I had, so I pulled out my berry 9700, and they all went "OOOHHHH!" It was surreal. Be thankful for the life you have. Anyway, check the clip out. We have professional video from it as well, but this was just a little clip my boy Marlowe recorded on my flip cam.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41c4YJMGcgI (i suggest HD)

Feel free to check out the organization's website for more info (pero es en español, no inglés jajaja....)
http://www.ninosporunnuevoplaneta.com/

Once again, HUGE thanks to Brandon Fokken, the Fokken family, and Dad Lazenby. Best summer ever

PEACE

Labels: , , ,



12:30 PM
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home