Saturday, April 24, 2010

<data:blog.title/>
I am proud to say that today I finished the country music half marathon today!

13.1 miles of pure accomplishment

Hahaha I honestly didnt realize what I was gettin myself into. This was my first marathon over 3 miles haha, and it didnt set in until I got dressed and ready this morning at freakin 4 sumthin AM!! Dad Lazenby challenged Grady and I to run it since b4 we went to LA this january. When we got to Centennial Park this morning and saw all the 30,000 other runners lining up, then it OFFICIALLY hit me. I must say tho, this has been such a valuable, rewarding experience. I finished! I did it! Mind over matter!

I thought I'd have a buncha poetic stuff to say about finishing, and how I've grown from the experience, but its just too soon I guess. Im really proud of myself and thankful to Dad and Mom Lazenby for gettin me and Grady. Check these AWFUL pics i took on my blackberry during the run haha. Oh and congrats to everybody else that finished as well











PEACE

Labels: , , , ,



11:18 PM
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home