Monday, December 21, 2009

<data:blog.title/>


I cant lie... I'm a huge Cash Money, Young Money fan. Not as huge as my homie Elizabeth McClanahan hahaha (ON BLAST), but still, a fan nonetheless. Weezy still reigns the games hottest rapper, and Drake isn't far behind. So all Birdman has to do is flaunt his roster and he's good. LOL

ANYWAY, the Young Money album dropped today and I've been looking forward to it just to see how it would be. Albums with full "crews" or complete label rosters are always interesting haha. I always think of Diddy's Da Band and that compilation album by The Inc (Murder Inc used to be that crew! Irv, Ja, Ashanti, Charlie Baltimore, Vita!). So after listenin to the album I felt that it was blog worthy (well, really its Christmas break and Im bored). Here are my thoughts about the album:

Structure wise, Lil Wayne is auto tuning on pretty much every hook. Its not really a good or bad thing anymore. Its just accepted. A new song with Wayne? He'll probably have auto tune on his voice lol.



Mack Maine in my opinion OWNED the album. I wasnt expectin him to go harder than anybody. I can say that Mack's verse on "Got Money" on 'Tha Carter III' made me lose alotta faith in him LOL. "Whooooosh" For real my nigga?? Anyway he definitely shined on his verses startin with the first song "Gooder". "Stuntin on dem hoes it aint me its the money fault/ still make it rain get struck by a money bolt"

I noticed there was shortage of Drake and Nicki Minaj on the album. But thats understandable I guess since they are the two most popular members. I mean Drake has murdered songs with Kanye, Timbaland, Eminem, the list goes on. And Minaj is comin up fast in the game, having already collabed with Yo Gotti, Gucci, and Robin Thicke. So needless to say i would have enjoyed more Minaj and Drizzy. But then again, I dont think Im alone on that....

Theres a singer Chanel thats signed to Young Money that i SWEAR i never heard of. She was uuuum... random. The only singer. I think they could have taken points from Da Band on this one and incorporated her more like Da Band incorporated Sarah. How bout puttin Chanel on a few more hooks and takin Wayne off a few??? Actually... on second thought, nah. I dont like her voice much anyway. She just a singer. Nothing special to be honest. Plus she was only on 2 songs. Definitely RANDOM



The kid Lil Chuckee?? He sound older than Wayne LOL

15 year old rapper Lil Twist?? DOPE!!! Since he young and already spittin heat, he has more potential than a few of the other members of Young Money. I been a fan of his since that song "The Leak" he did with big brother Weezy. FIRE. And he only had TWO verses on the album. The song "Girl I Got You" was cool but then Lil Chuckee killed it for me haha

Oh and random sidenote just for the record. The rapper Tyga be spittin FIRE, but i just dont necessarily like him! Idk y i just dont. And Jae Millz???!?! That nigga needs to disappear. I remember bumpin his song "No, No, No" back in 10TH GRADE and he still aint made it.

The best song hands down is still "Every Girl". I dont even think Wayne himself could outdo that song this year. It just would been better for the Young Money crew if they hadn't waited so long to drop the album after that song came out.

Overall, on a scale from WACK to DOPE, I rate it DECENT. Lol bout 7 out of 10 stars. I gotta give props to Lil Wayne for making Young Money the hottest crew in rap. But thats really thanks to him, Wayne, and Minaj. And like I was saying earlier, the Young Money album is primarily everybody else BUT them.... sooooo u get what im tryna say??? Lol

PEACE

Labels: , , , , , , , ,



5:22 PM
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home