Sunday, November 15, 2009

<data:blog.title/>

All you artists that claim to be doing something need to take notes. My girl Miss B is next up.

I met Miss B in August 2008 at freshman orientation here at Belmont and we hit it off. I featured her on a few shows and a track or two but she was still adjusting being virtually unknown here in Nashville after working to make a name for herself in D.C.

Despite all this tho, I gave my girl HER SPACE lol cuz i know adjusting can be hard, so the second we started school this August, we got to work. We met up and made plans for her to not only enter the Urban/Pop Showcase competition on campus, but to WIN IT and use it to her advantage. "Dont just be in the showcase... BE THE SHOWCASE".



Time passed, yall know I was on my hustle with The Overnight Mixtape Series, and me and Lazenby was throwin parties, and expanding our brand. We featured B on two of the mixtapes and me and Lazenby were both amazed at how B sounded sooooo much hungrier and aggressive than we remembered previously. But even then were still too busy to work hand in hand with her on the showcase, So Miss B really took our talk to heart and started making moves of her own, putting her band together, makin necessary plans to enter the Showcase. She reached out to me a week or so before the showcase and asked me to sample a Shirley Temple song called "Oh My Goodness" that she heard in one of her music business courses. The professor Don Cusic made a joke about somebody sampling it for the Urban Showcase, and sure enough Miss B realized that could be a possibility. So I got to work on chopping the sample and my boy CJ Pettaway hooked up the drums on the track. We all knew we had something special

The rest is history, Miss B passed both rounds of preliminaries, made it into the show, and OWNED IT. But unlike all these other showcase hopefuls, you havent seen the last of B. We are currently in the works of something huge. Thats all Ima say

And get this understood, Im talking bout the REAL Miss B... not this fake chick that SUCKS. Alotta youtube hits and crap dont mean nothing about ur skill level. I dont even care if u got a deal, label backing, or beats by Nitti. Im just bein real....



Hit up my girl Miss B on Twitter, and Check her myspace.

http://myspace.com/missbrealmc
http://twitter.com/missbthemc

PEACE

Labels: , , , ,



9:24 PM
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home