Tuesday, November 10, 2009

<data:blog.title/>
Heres some info about a website that I've recently learned about: Bandbox.com

Bandbox is a great website for artists, musicians, songwriters, etc because it allows you to keep up to 100% of what you sell. This is an AMAZING alternative to artists like me that really wouldnt be gaining much by paying to be on iTunes, then only make 30% of what I sell. Bandbox does offer premium services, like selling hard copies of albums through their site. And they do take a percentage of those sales. However we all know that majority of the music being bought nowdays is digital, so this company is ahead of the curve. It definitely has the artist's best interest in mind.

I had the pleasure of working with Brian Peterson who is one of the founders of Bandbox. David Venus from Belmont University referred me to him for a project that they were putting together for the Urban/Pop Showcase this year here on campus. They asked to tape me interviewing students around campus with some random questions to throw people off guard, all while tryna sqeeze Bandbox in haha. It was like Jay Leno's "Jay walking" segment when he walks up to random people on the street and asks them questions out of the blue.

Overall the videos turned out great! They were pretty hilarious and it showed me a side of myself I never really knew about lol. According to Brian, I might even have a future with hosting things. Oh snap! Future is the next... Wayne Brady LOLOL.

For real tho, yall check out Bandbox. They are growing and have already enlisted big names artists such as Jewel and Taylor Swift. Go head and sign up, its free. Just upload ur music, put the player on ur myspace, blog, whatever, and start countin your money haha. Hopefully I'll be working with the people at Bandbox alot more w/in the near future... (can u say... SPONSORHIP???) Hahaha we all gotta dream big

PEACE

Labels: ,



4:25 PM
1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home