Friday, June 26, 2009

<data:blog.title/>
No need in me filling you in on the events that happened yesterday. The King of Pop died.  Michael Jackson.  I just want to give my two cents on the whole situation.  Id be stupid to not add that Michael Jackson has had a HUGE role in shaping pop music, pop culture, dance music,  etc etc etc.  He was an international superstar, he surpassed 3 entire generations on top, and he was a legend before he died.  Hell, even all the people around him or associated with him became legendary.  I always felt cooler growing up tellin people I was from the home of the Jackson 5 (and plus it was a way to avoid saying it was the former murder capitol lol).  

I never met him, or had a personal relationship with him, but am still affected by this deeply because we all knew him... thru his story, music, and legacy.  I used to study his videos, and notice I still cant moonwalk haha.  I used to run out of the room when the "Thriller" video came on cuz I was sooooo scared!  I used to watch old footage of his concerts in awe and ask my mom "Why are those women crying and fainting?"  Hahaha!  And to this day, there hasnt been a single week in my life when one of his songs hasnt come up on my iPod or his name come up in conversation between me and my friends.  For cryin out loud DARKCHILD produced for him! Michael Jackson was still freakin COOL and smooth as ever in the "You Rock My World" video! That was on BET when I was in middle school!  He is timeless!

I just think that its sooo funny how the media hasnt had anything good to say about Michael Jackson for years, but now its all tributes and memories since his passing.  I have never had an opinion about his court cases or plastic surgey or anything.  All I know is there will never be another "King Of Pop".   


PEACE

Labels: ,



11:42 PM
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home