Saturday, May 23, 2009

<data:blog.title/>
Wutup yall.... first off, I got CHEWED OUT today by sheee who shall not be named concerning my sucky and inconsistent blog posting lol hahaha but it was all in love. A nigga be slippin sometimes! I have so much to say and alot of times i cant even find the time to sit down and simply write how i feel. But the best thing is knowing that people actually read my thoughts haha. Whether it be just my girlfriend, christie, melissa, and a few other people, Im thankful for everyone who takes time out to simply read the crap i type LOL

With that being said...

Hello Kids. Todays blog topic is something I've been wanting to talk about for a while. Me being an artist/ producer/ singer/ songrwiter, im always on a quest to be inspired and influenced. I say this all the time but its soooo real, im a product of my influences. People who hear my music can obviously make Kanye comparisons first off (which I cant seem to get away from, but dont mind lol), 80's influence (also quite obvious... high top hair/high top kicks lol), and a buncha other styles and etc.

When it comes to music tho, I of course base my opinion of a song by the overall track itself, lyrics, beat, artist voice, relevance, a whole bunch of things. But the songs that TRULY stand out to me and make an impact on me are the songs that give me chills.

Idk... its hard to describe. Maybe im alone on this. But some songs are just so amazing that my skin crawls, hair stands, and pupils dilate. Its really eerie, yet amazing

A couple years back I was having an AIM conversation with an acquaintance who should have been a good a friend of mine (u know those people who u click with and expect to become great friends with but never really get around to it??) LOL I was telling her how much it sucked that music didnt have the same powerful and emotional effect as the pureness and sincerity of poetry. But she quickly corrected me and asked "Have you ever heard a song so amazing that it moved you to tears?" It was so simple but so profound. Even tho i have never just broke out in tears from a song, there are those songs that make me so emotional I cant help but to feel chills...

So where am i going with this??

Thats the kind of music I strive to make. Music that is not only good, but ensues and incites such a level of emotions in listeners that it gives them the craziest feeling. Whether the emotion be love, or the urge to get so hype they cant help but to jump! Idk.. i think i may be losing you all on this post, but oh well. Sometimes I cant type or explain things to adequately relay what is on my mind. But oh well, as long as I try

Anyway, im sleepy. and all these twilight zone episodes are really starting to freak me out...

Goodnight...

PEACE

Labels:



12:47 AM
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home