Wednesday, March 18, 2009

<data:blog.title/>
I'm inspired.

I know everyone is gettin tired of the "hip hop is dead" debates. But just to put an end to that madness, its not.

Its evolving. Music is evolving, the economy is evolving. There is no recession in music, great music is released everyday. Theres a problem with the labels, consumers, and what the music industry stands for. In the same way, I dont think there is a full blown recession in the economy. The problems is with the consumers and corporations. People panic, cant handle change, cant handle something different. Companies freak out, people hoard their money, less cash circulates, media blows things out of proportion, and the economy is jolted.

Now back to the music industry. Music is changing. Music reinvents itself, recycles, etc etc. The movement in music overall, from pop to hip hop to country, is shifting. Music consumers cant handle change... labels freak out because the internet makes it harder for them to reach profit margins, consumers overreact, so called "original and real" music lovers blow everything out of proportion.

Its all related. This is just a time of change, the world is an adjustment phase. Once the companies find ways to profit off of consumers again, all will be well. Consumers will feel more comfortable and spend more. We are spoiled in this technological age, and have forgotten how to think for ourselves. Thats why the only relevant new artists in music have launched their own career without the industry. Labels have fallen behind in marketing and using technology to their advantage. Soulja Boy, Charles Hamilton, Cool Kids, whoever, thats all creativity and thinking outside the box. They learned to take advantage of this change and adapt to it.

I relate all of that to myself. Im growing, evolving.... changing and maturing into the artist I was meant to be. My sound, lyrics, influences, they are all narrowing. And as a result, I am more focused. Its funny how everything works together like that. Many of my friends and acquaintances have panicked, they talk about my new style as unfamiliar, not real, different, and they blow things out of proportions. I am a produt of what I listen to, a product of my influences, "product of the game", the hustle, the internet, the people i was raised looking up to, from CEO's to artists. I see the outcome of this situation like that of the economy and the music industry. It will just take a while for you all to catch on. But then when you do (which u will...), everything will be back to normal. So say what u want now, cuz not long from now its gonna all make sense and u will see the big picture. Until then Ima keep doin me

PEACE

Labels: ,



10:12 AM
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home