Monday, March 16, 2009

<data:blog.title/>
Another acquaintance of mine got signed to a major label this weekend.

This happens all the time. The people around me and surroundin me get to that next level in the industry, and I'm left behind yet again.

However, I wait patiently. Never have I been a cocky, conceited person. God always does things in my life to keep me humble. I got a full ride to college, but I never went to class freshman and sophomore year cuz I was so focused on music, SO the school took it away. That was God's reminder for me to still work hard to maintain the blessings I'm given. So after getting my act together the scholarship was re instated and I'll never lose sight of my goal to keep my grades up again.

Thats how it always happens. In spite of the many blessings I'm given, there are still obstacles that remind me not to "take it easy." And thats exactly how I feel when it comes to music. I can never "take it easy." The second I finish writing what I think is my best song ever and the best song on the planet, I turn on MTVU and hear about a new artist that is better than me and I know it. So i never have time to gloat in my accomplishments. I dont understand how people get so cocky. Well, I take that back lol, I can. I find myself gloating sometimes in my seemingly minor accomplshments, like winning an artist showcase here on campus at my university (Belmont) for the second time, opening up for a Kanye West after party, driving to Atlanta to do a show for some major industry people. Times like those I feel "oh yea im on my way." And if anybody ever tries to doubt me as an artist I look at those situations as proof of my nearing fame....

But in reality, Im only the sh** here on Belmont's campus to be real. I have a pretty solid fan base only locally in Nashville. That Kanye West after party did nothing visible for my career as a solo artist. Maybe a few fans and more stats for my performance resume, but thats it. And that show in ATL for the industry ppl, they said a lot of good stuff about my band, but they have yet to follow thru with any of it.

And NOW... that acquaintance of mine that got signed to a major label is at that next level, and I'm left behind once again waiting patiently

I remain humbled. I'm grateful for every show, every new friend request on myspace, every new blog comment (i've only got like 3 in full LOL). And thats proof enough for me to know I'll never be cocky. Its hard pursuing this dream that so many people are pursuing at the same time. However I'm confident I'm gonna make it, and be BIG as hell. But I dont know how and when, and thats what keeps me driven. It could be some random person I hand a cd to, or some random woman standin in the back at one of my shows.

All i know is, when I DO make it, you dont have to worry about me losing my mind and forgettin every obstacle God helped me thru.

But, why lie, I'm gon pop champagne and celebrate everyday! hahaha

In the words of Drake and Trey Songz

"I want the money, money and the cars, cars and the clothes, the hoes I suppose. I just wanna be successful."


Successful (feat. Trey Songz & Lil Wayne) - Drake

PEACE

Labels: , ,



12:25 PM
1 Comments:
  • At March 16, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Of course there is nothing I can say to give you some kind of confidence. But you know good in well that God is going to reward you for all your hardwork. It does not go un-noticed. You know that people are watching you everyday, every show, and notice you. Maybe nothing big is happening right now but it will. I believe that it will. Your music is amazing. I should know I am your #1 fan. lol. But keep your head up, like you are now. Keep working hard. You have lots of fans. It may take time but I believe that you will get there.
    Remember when you do get big, to remember where you come from. Stay true to your roots. Thank God everyday for the journey he is taking you on. And of course send me tickets to all your shows...lol. with backstage passes.
    Love ya much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home